At Midwest Media Group we understand that the broadcast industry is facing unprecedented pressures. Consumer viewing and listening habits are changing rapidly, forcing broadcasters to create, manipulate, manage and transmit rich media assets in entirely new ways. The rapid pace of technological change creates both opportunities and immense challenges.
Key Broadcast Challenges:
- Newsrooms are transitioning from tape to tapeless environments with consequences in terms of media acquisition, storage and delivery.
- With the decline of tape as an acquisition format, broadcasters face the challenge of storing and archiving vast quantities of media content and ensuring it is easily searchable and retrievable.
- As newsroom journalists are given increased ownership in the creation and production of up-to-the-minute news material, the technology that facilitates this has to be more accessible and user friendly.
- Broadcasters are competing with new forms of media and are increasingly expected to publish content on the web in sophisticated online sites complemented with videos, blogs and podcasts. Delivering this content quickly and efficiently requires brand new ways of thinking and streamlined workflows.
- The future adoption of high definition formats in production and post-production poses considerable technology challenges for broadcasters.
Midwest Media Group provides end-to-end solutions for the broadcast industry from feed ingest, newsroom operations, editing, asset management, on-air graphics, as well as tools for web and broadcast automation & distribution. These solutions are designed to help broadcasters accelerate the production process, create, manage and deliver compelling television news programs, and manage real-time play back and collaboration.
Newsroom and Editing Systems
Working with global industry leaders including Avid and Anystream, Midwest Media Group supplies innovative newsroom solutions which are used by journalists, producers, editors and presenters for researching, creating, managing and delivering television news programs. These systems give producers and editors control of the entire news production process. MMG also supplies complete solutions for high-pressure broadcast editing, enabling broadcasters to deliver award-winning program and news packages from the field or in the newsroom.
Asset Management Systems
Using powerful media asset management systems such as Avid Interplay and associated nonlinear workflow tools, MMG provides broadcasters with solutions to manage the move to tapeless acquisition and accelerate and expand production workflows.
Midwest Media Group also supplies highly available, robust storage and archiving products from Avid, Isilon, BluArc, DataDirect, Quantum and Facilis to help customers to protect their valuable assets and deliver the performance needed for the ever-increasing demands of today's production environments. These systems provide unmatched real-time playback and collaboration capabilities, delivering significant competitive advantage to broadcasters.
The new digital media arena presents a vital opportunity for broadcast companies to increase market share, grow revenues and establish a strong online media brand. MMG offers innovative and reliable streaming media creation solutions from leading suppliers, including Anystream, Viewcast and NewTek, to ensure the easy and effective delivery of online content. These flexible solutions enable broadcasters to deliver high-quality audio and video files or streams in various formats to millions of viewers.