Increasing competition and rising student expectations are driving colleges to take advantage of innovative technologies to deliver compelling media courses. Colleges are using creative tools to offer students a versatile and robust curriculum and give them the resources necessary to meet the demands of a rapidly changing media workplace. By simulating real-world collaborative environments, these technology solutions showcase the artistic endeavors of students and connect academic institutions to the professional community.
Key Education Challenges:
- Education establishments face a significant challenge in attracting students and delivering world-class curriculum content on limited budgets and resources.
- Third-level institutions need to simulate real-world collaborative environments to introduce students to industry standard, professional media practices.
- Colleges need to use their networks to share media from multiple applications from an array of vendors.
- As the quantities of media continue to explode, there is a significant challenge to find ways to access, store, retrieve and share media centrally and securely.
Midwest Media Group can help you navigate the many solutions available today. We specializes in creative technology solutions which allow media education customers to support their students and prepare them for media industry careers. MMG works with industry-leading suppliers to provide academic institutions with a complete range of proven and cost-effective solutions including shared media labs, storage systems, video and audio post production software, and production and recording equipment.
Our products boast support for industry standards, personalization options and overall accessibility. Below is a sampling of the services Midwest Media Group has completed for the academic market. For more detailed information, please contact us at (800) 221-3525.
- Distance Learning
- Computer Classrooms
- Central Media Departments
- Production Studio
- Electronic Classrooms
- Video & Audio Production
- Network Video Distribution
- Presentation Integration
- Technology Infrastructure
Media Labs and Video Editing Systems
We offer powerful media lab solutions from Apple and Avid, which include professional-grade video and film editing software and real-time shared media storage networks. A shared media lab allows colleges to optimize their technology resources, provide students with collaborative work environments while at the same time reducing the administrative and maintenance burden. Media is captured once and made available to hundreds of students who can work on a single piece of media from any edit suite, simultaneously and in real time. Working in an editing environment modeled on today's collaborative production facilities, lecturers can instantly review student work over the network and add notes directly to each student's timeline.
Media Production Equipment
Working closely with industry leading vendors, MMG supplies a complete range of media production equipment including lighting kits, cameras, tripods, VTRs, monitors and accessories. With specialist equipment from global manufacturers such as Canon, Sony, Panasonic, JVC colleges can ensure that students gain experience with the latest industry-standard professional tools.